Melbourne Heritage Action provides a forum for people dedicated to preserving, protecting and promoting the ongoing use of significant heritage places such as buildings, streetscapes, laneways and interiors in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- We advocate for the preservation of heritage places within central Melbourne.
- We lobby all levels of government and developers to make decisions that value and enhance our built heritage.
- We promote a greater awareness within the wider community of central Melbourne’s substantial and important endowment of built heritage.
- We aim to build a strong public support base.
- We advocate for the protection of built heritage from all periods, which is threatened by inappropriate development or demolition or neglect.
- We promote greater respect for heritage within the government, business and development community.
- We encourage developers, owners, architects, academics and businesses to explore ideas of adaptive reuse and heritage preservation.
- We advocate for improved legislation for the protection of Melbourne’s heritage.